Friday, July 20, 2007

Intro / Making a comeback

So, after a 3-year pause I'm finally back to the world of blogging again. Lilian mentioned today how she's got two blogs of her own, and we talked about that and blogs in general for a bit. Which all reminded me how interesting these things are and made me want to have one of my own again. So here I am. :) I haven't a clue how long I'll actually keep on writing here this time... but why not give it a try. I'm not sure what language I want to do this in, really, so I'll probably just use whatever I'm most comfortable with at any given moment. Don't worry, (contrary to popular opinion) I don't really have all that many to choose from... yet :)

I do hope I'll really keep writing here this time. As I'm currently in between gymnasium and university, and I'll be moving to Tartu this autumn for studying in the latter, with all the changes in life that are certain to happen etc, things should get pretty interesting over here.

It's kind of funny, really. On the one hand, this is probably the last time that summer = summer holiday (yeah, I know I've been saying that since like 8-th grade, but this time it's probably for real). So I should make the most of it... and I am trying to do that, rather successfully even (I currently think). But at the same time it's this strange in-between period where there isn't really any point trying to make any new connections with people in Pärnu any more, but at the same time I can't do that in Tartu yet, either. Not that I haven't spent like almost every day meeting up with my now "old" classmates and other people and doing fun things etc. *rolls eyes at herself*

Somehow I still feel a bit empty though. Distant from the people around me, despite really trying to overcome the "I'm so different and can't relate to the lives of 'common/normal people'" attitude that's brought me little but loneliness and confusion in life. I guess the problem is that despite the fact that I shouldn't magnify the issue by focusing on it overly, I am different. And I can't force myself to develop some kind of close emotional bonds with people it doesn't come naturally with. And the sort of people that it could come naturally with would be the kind that would be at least moderately similar in being different... not sure if that made sense, but basically I can't exactly meet such people on every street corner. Hopefully I'll have better luck in Tartu, after all it's pretty much the Estonian "university town" and home to 20000 students + all the other science- and culture- and whatever-related people. But right now it's just... confusing.

Right. I was actually going to have like one paragraph here for the intro, but then I got carried away. Oh well... here it is. Here I am. Nice to be back. :)

No comments: