Sunday, July 29, 2007

Bye-bye, Briana

And there, you could say, ends an era. We visited her at the place she's staying in Pärnu with Gerda and Gerly today. Played Triology, looked at the photos she'd taken in Nepal and India, had some photos taken of us together, and just chatted a bit. It's kind of weird to think that this time it's really the last time things will be like this. Even if she returns and we meet again, I'll be living a whole different life myself. Funny how I'm ending this phase of life among other things by parting again with this person I first met when the phase started. Yeah. Bye-bye, gymnasium, too. Weird, so incomprehensibly weird, when I try to grasp it. Although at the same time almost simply natural.

1 comment:

Turgonian said...

Of course I don't really know what you are referring to here, but the last four sentences filled me with...I don't know... Let's say I was too much awed by them to nod. And the sentence before that reminded me irresistibly of T.S. Eliot's Four Quartets (Little Gidding, V), for some reason:

We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.


Now, and isn't this the most extraordinary thing? Here I am talking about the Four Quartets and (in reaction to a later post) the Wounded Healer, and here strides into the picture a Wounded Surgeon, in the same poem Four Quartets (East Coker, IV):

The wounded surgeon plies the steel
That questions the distempered part;
Beneath the bleeding hands we feel
The sharp compassion of the healer's art
Resolving the enigma of the fever chart.


Do you believe in coincidence, Lady Andeora? I do not.