Saturday, July 21, 2007

Exploring life

It might sound kind of funny, but I've never really done things like just hanging out with friends before. And for the last couple of weeks that's pretty much been the main thing I've been doing. Being with people, going to the film festival or just randomly walking around or sitting somewhere chatting and having fun. Having a social life or something like that. And I think I'll probably look back at this time and see it as having been spent more usefully than if I'd just have been sitting at home reading... although my views about that were different once, and they might change again.

Today was good. First we went to see the 2-o'clock séance at the film festival with Jari... or more like, he went there and I went there, and I wasn't even sure he'd be all that happy to see me there, too. Fortunately it appeared that he was rather glad about it, which in turn made me glad, and so it was all good. After that we went to the Turkish restaurant where Kristiina and Lilian work, and we ended up spending over 6 hours sitting there and talking about various things and just having fun. We're going to go to the Chinese restaurant on Friday and have a picnic on Saturday, all four of us. At least such are the current plans.

It's funny to think about how you can sit and talk about nothing in particular for 6 hours and enjoy every minute of it. I suppose it depends a lot on who you do something like that with. There is definitely something to be learned from Kristiina and Lilian. They can just turn anything into a fun experience. Even laugh about things others might find irritating. Not that they wouldn't be irritated or upset by anything, but they do seem to have this way of seeing things from a joyful and/or humorous perspective as much as possible. A trait that quite a few of my old classmates seem to share, actually. Maybe I should've spent more time with them all...

I actually had all these thoughts I was going to write here, but now they seem to have just disappeared somewhere. Maybe they'll come back and I'll write more later on. :) But yeah, I hope all four of us will be meeting up quite a few times yet this summer. Seems like we do make a pretty nice group. *sighs* And I do wish this had happened sooner. Socially, these last three years feel like just heaps of wasted opportunities. Although there were probably as many opportunities I did make use of, as there were those that went wasted. And regret won't get me anywhere. I guess I'll just need to make the most of what there is and keep my eyes open for what will come to be. :)

No comments: