Monday, September 3, 2007

Birthday

I've been really busy lately as I've moved to Tartu, am starting university, already have more of a social life here than I ever did in Pärnu, etc. But have a moment to spend for writing here now, and thought I'd do so. Last year I was really aware of becoming 18, but this year I haven't thought about becoming older much at all. Don't want to think about it, really... But it's been wonderful to receive all the congratulations. My friend from the Netherlands actually wrote a poem to me on the occasion, and a great one, too. Stunning. :) It's been cloudy all day and was raining in the morning, but that's okay. I'm glad to be alive, surrounded by the people that I am, doing the things I do. I hope things will continue to be as wonderful as they have been these past couple of days.

1 comment:

Turgonian said...

Happy Birthday and Congratulations! I'm very busy too, and hanging around on the Internet doesn't help, no matter how interesting the sites are. Last night I went to bed around 3 o'clock, having finished a science assignment which I could have ended two hours before! Today I was so tired and reacting so weirdly that they asked me if I was on drugs. :D

But it's great to see you write something again! Good luck in Tartu! It's good to hear you are already well in place and socializing (I don't have much of a network yet...). It sounds like you're enjoying yourself hugely. Are you doing any other things besides Psychology? (And why don't you want to think about becoming older? Come on, 19 is not that old...)

It's good to hear you liked the poem (smile). I wrote most of it in Middelburg, and I'm happy to have made (as you would put it) my own small contribution to the great whole of your birthday...

Yes, may your days be wonderful! A blessing on your footsteps and the starlight on your hair!