Saturday, August 25, 2007

Nostalgic?

It's been a year since I tried to get back in touch with that Danish philosopher guy. Not that I ever really found out what he did in his mundane life. Something to do with the university there, I believe. I'll probably never find out now. It's been more than 3,5 years since the last time I heard from him. I feel I didn't really appreciate being able to correspond with him when I could. Although looking through old emails it doesn't look like that. Still feel like I'd value the opportunity so much more now. Not that I think about it all that often... after all, he's now definitely only part of the past. I can only hope he's alive and doing okay. He was into a lot of dark and dangerous things. From making explosives (which he's written a book about) to evoking demons. Yes, a dark character if I've ever known one. For some reason I feel so sad and empty when I think about him and how I'll never hear from him again now. Even though our acquaintance was so brief and so much time ago. I usually don't have regrets about losing touch with people... usually it's just part of the constant change called life. Funny to think there's someone I've never really managed to get over. Or, well, not so funny really. What is funny is that I just realised he has the same first name as my father... well, the Danish version of it, but basically the same.

No comments: