Sunday, April 5, 2009

People are just people

Been browsing through some forums and once again came to the realization that most of the people with lofty goals are just as fallible and limited as I am. That many of them are struggling with the same issues as myself... as perhaps many/most of us. It is something that is both discouraging and encouraging at the same time. On the one hand, it makes me wonder - where are the masters? Is mastery even attainable? But on the other hand, it also reminds me that it's natural that most people aspiring towards mastery have not attained it yet. Just because I seek perfection of a kind, that doesn't mean I have to be perfect here and now. It doesn't mean I have to know everything about the subjects that interest me... or be completely internally balanced... or even be able to get myself out of bed and doing productive stuff every day. Most others don't, either! I guess in the end I just need to find my own way.

No comments: