Tuesday, May 5, 2009

So then

I found it hard to let go. After those few miraculous minutes with Him, I found it hard to just go on with my everyday life as though nothing had happened. And yet I couldn't reach Him, I had to either find the miracle where I was or forget about it altogether. And I found the miracle. Just on Saturday I was so aware of it, I'd transcended the longing and rediscovered the wonder in my life the way it is. Opened my eyes to the world both without and within. And I still feel it is so.

But just seeing the name come to life, words written by Him, not even directed to me... and then just a minute of actual interaction, about things entirely impersonal... The way it made me feel, still is making me feel, leaves no doubt as to whether He is still a person of importance for me. Even though today in my mind I was the furthest I had been from Him in two weeks. Perhaps those moments only happened because I'd thought I was ready to move on.

When you expect whistles, it's flutes
When you expect flutes, it's whistles

No comments: