Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Life

Margus wasn't entirely right. To surrender might mean to show your weakness. But at the same time it's also to liberate your strength because if you've accepted whatever comes, you don't have anything to fear.

I'd like to say something, but I've already said everything in my previous entry.



***

We were standing on the bridge, gazing at the river. Further away the setting sun was painting the sky orange and yellow.

"It is so peaceful here."

"Yes. No people around. Only the elements."

"That's all one really needs, you know. Some peace and quiet, and the sun shining down on you. Why is it so hard to find such simple things?"

"It isn't. Only if you make it."

"But it is. There isn't even anywhere to go when you want to be alone."

"Have you already gone to every place in this town?"

"Well, no. There aren't very many I could try, anyway. At least not many I can think of."

"There is no need to limit yourself to what you can think of."

"What should I do then?"

"Free yourself from your fear of other people."

"What do you mean? How would that change anything?"

"When you are not afraid you can be yourself even in a crowded room."

"You make it sound so easy, but it's not."

"It's a challenge. It's not supposed to be easy. If life was all easy, you'd be bored long by now."

"You're right."

"And you do have the power to change it. Have you forgotten?"

"I wish I had the power to make you really exist."

He didn't say anything.

I turned and slowly walked away.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow

Anonymous said...

ilus. elu muidugi ka, aga oled proovinud kirjutada? ma mõtlen novelle või jutte?
s