Thursday, September 17, 2009

Home away from home

Gerly was here. She's on her way to Seville now. Last night we danced. 5 rhythms. And talked. For hours. I felt as though I were home.

I do feel great in this place where I live. This room is just excellent. Something about it just makes me feel really good and comfortable, when I look around I just enjoy what I see. I actually feel so good here I don't want to leave it that much. Which might not be all that great as far as developing a social life is concerned, but it's very nice for doing things by myself, and just relaxing as well. I was definitely lucky to find this place.

Meeting Gerly again was wonderful. It seems that no matter what's going on in her life, she inspires me. And now, she's on a journey, an adventure herself. And meeting up with her seems to have been exactly what I needed. To wake up. To remember some things again. It is good to know she's here, just a few hours away.

I don't feel the compulsive need to go out and meet everyone else in town within the next two weeks. So what, that doesn't have to be a bad thing. I'm doing that at my own pace - and I am doing that - and in the meanwhile there are other things that are important for me that I'm doing as well. I'm really glad to be doing those other things really. And in the end, isn't feeling good about what you're doing that which matters the most?

1 comment:

Turgonian said...

Doing good matters more, I would say.

But I'm glad you're doing well in Salamanca. Being in another country and slowly getting acquainted with the culture and the people there can be a very fruitful and stimulating experience. It was for me, and I've made friendships that might last long.

You never really know, of course. But they might.