Sunday, October 26, 2008

Anyone got " A Feast For Crows"?

"A Song of Ice and Fire" really is one of the best things I've had the chance to read, definitely so fantasy-wise. I'm totally obsessed with Petyr Baelish's character now that I've finished book 3. He's suddenly become one of my favourite ones in the book... Yeah, I know, what happened to supporting the good? Then again, any good/evil moments that may have been there in "A Game of Thrones" are simply not there any more by the end of "A Storm of Swords". Martin doesn't really tell you who you should like or support or not... which is really different in a good way. Who says the Lannisters are worse than the Baratheons? What about the Tyrells who seem to be aspiring to become the new Lannisters? Maybe Baelish should be the next king... he definitely seems like the one Westeros character who'd be up to it. Though I'm still hoping for Daenerys to come along, of course. Daenerys is the only character who still sort of gives me the feeling of having some idea of where this story might be going. She's my favourite one, too. Then come the Stark children (well, not so children any more) and, as of now, Petyr Baelish. Whose first name btw is almost the same as that of my dad... as I just noticed.

OK, after talking at length about stuff that says nothing to someone who hasn't read the book and nothing new to someone who has, I'll just sum up with saying George Martin is a genius.

:-)

No comments: