Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Walking the path

I think one thing my dreams seem to be saying to me these days is that it is meaningless to do things in order to please others or get their respect. You can never win everyone over to your side. And the more people that admire you, the more people that envy you and wish you harm. Like that old Chinese saying about being a nail that sticks out etc. I think I may have been focusing a bit too much on exterior achievement and what other people think defines success and a good life. Some of the things from that category I don't really need or desire, while others that I do need and desire are not part of the "normal" idea of the important things. I'm not really sure what this all means in practice... except that maybe I should pay more attention to the transformation of the interior... and live my life more from the inside out.

More focus on what it is that is important to me seems to be needed then... Somehow giving due attention to the things that matter seems to be difficult to accomplish. Everything of lesser relevance seems easier, even though objectively it might require just as much effort or more. It's like the more everyday things a game to be played, a game of life... but the things that are a deeper essence of life require.. well.. going beyond. And while that is something I want in theory, it is not so simple to accomplish it in practice. Because in practice, you really go as far as you go on your own feet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Wireless, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://wireless-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.